GateHouse Autotest is a system test framework that can drive several subsystems and enable “end-to-end” style testing of BGAN or similar communication systems. GateHouse Autotest gives you the ability to fully automate system tests (e.g. for a BGAN terminal or similar satcom/3G device). The framework supports full automation of many types of test – examples hereof listed below.
- Launching of programs on multiple machines
- Settings up IP connections (e.g. PPPoE)
- Public Interface (e.g. REST interfaces, serial interfaces, TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Application-level testing (upload, download, data throughput, latency tests)
- Extensible – easy to create controllers for custom interfaces
- Can be used for regression testing, fuzzy testing, stress testing, burn-in testing
- Time to market reduced
- Higher and consistent quality for all versions of the terminal
- Reduced cost and risk during type approval and later, a more well-defined release procedure
- Traceability in test results
- Identified errors are easily reproduced through a test case and later included in a test suite
- Easy to implement test cases which are impractical to test manually, e.g. register/deregister 1000 times
In total, this enables you to develop and maintain products of the highest possible quality. The GateHouse Autotest Framework can be used in combination with the award winning and already established BGAN Network Emulator (BNE). The BNE is today used with success by several terminal manufacturers, integrators and testers. Autotest has been used extensively for automated testing of the GateHouse BNE, BGAN Protocol Stack and terminals. In the test setup, the text executor drives the entire environments, including the end-user application (e.g. FTP client).
- Test Executor – executes test scripts, monitors subsystems, collected logs and results
- Build-in interface modules for:
- Subprocess control (including remote)
- AT Commands
- PPPoE connections
- IP data throughput (TCP, UDP, upload, download)
- Test Browser – create test suites, view scripts
- Results Database – View test results, create reports
Have any questions?
Contact me on +45 9932 4086 for more information or to set up a meeting. - Thomas S. Jensen, DirectorEmail